“Hello, welcome to Inviterite! How may I help you?”
…for every organiser who calls our support team, this probably sounds familiar. Our Customer Experience team is online 24/7, every day of the week. We receive hundreds of calls a day and we aim to help organisers overcome challenges and achieve their event goals.
For those who can’t call in, we compiled a list of the top 8 topics that keep our organisers busy. We hope you find these helpful too!
- What is the best way to set up my event?
A lot of new organisers know exactly what they want, but find it difficult to express this in their first event set-up. A couple of scenarios and our suggested solutions:
- You’re organising an ice-skating activity that runs over the course of a few weeks. Each event day has the same format, every day has the same start and end time and the same quantity of tickets is available on each day.
Solution: With a repeating event schedule, you’ll only have to create one event that automatically takes place on every date you add.
- You’re giving a cooking class on different dates and across multiple locations. The quantity of available tickets varies per class. For the best attendee experience, you want to set up everything on one page. Solution: The multi-date, multi-location events set-up is a perfect fit for this type of events. Test your own event before you publish it. It’s the best way to find out if there’s information missing and to make sure your attendees have a smooth experience while registering for your event.
- How do I promote my event?
There are many promotional tools available, but which one is the best for your event? And how do you effectively use it?
Outside of writing a killer event description and linking your event to Facebook there’s much more you can do in, and outside of, the Eventbrite platform.
First, you’ll have to make sure you have a target audience. What kind of people will come to your event? Would they be more sensitive to online or offline marketing? Second, how much budget do you have left for a marketing campaign? Even on a low budget you’ll have plenty of opportunities to draw attention to your event.
- How do I stay within the EU Data Protection Regulation with Eventbrite?
A question many organisers asked when the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) was implemented in May 2018. Although Eventbrite Support can’t give any legal advice, we do offer some guidelines on what you can do as an organiser. We also explain what your responsibilities are as an organiser and the role Eventbrite plays.
- How do I manage my event?
Eventbrite’s Dashboard is full of possibilities – so full, it can be hard to find that exact feature you are looking for. That’s why we divided the topics roughly into 4 categories:
- Registration options – collect information of attendees, change email confirmation settings, simplify waitlist management and registration transfers.
- Promotional tools – including website integrations, email invitations, the affiliate program and discount codes.
- Analytics tools – find out in which cities you get the most traction, download event reports and set up tracking pixels such as Google Analytics.
- Attendee management – refund orders through Eventbrite, get in touch with your attendees, create name badges and guest lists; everything you need to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
5. How do I get paid out?
The million dollar question for every organiser. Overseeing an event organisation is a lot of work and it’s fun, but at the end of the day, you still have to make a living. There are several payment processing options for your attendees and you. It’s up to you which one to use depending on when you want to receive your payouts and if you’d like your attendees to pay only online or also offline.
- How do I manage check-ins on the day of my event?
Your promotional campaigns paid off and you expect at least 500 people to show up around the same time! You’ll want to prevent chaos at the gate. How do you manage field entrance? There are several ways to check in your attendees. You can use Eventbrite’s free organiser app to scan tickets or use the attendee list and search people by name. For big festivals or conferences, the RFID experience might just be your thing. There’s plenty to choose from. Have a look to see what suits your needs.
- My event is finished, what’s next?
Phew, that’s it, your event is finished! Thanks to your preparations it was a huge success! Of course, you’ll want to repeat this or make it even better; transcend this the next time. You can learn a lot by analysing the reports from your last event. Whether you want to improve the experience on the day itself or see how you can target your marketing campaign in a better way, it’s all in the numbers.
- I have to cancel my event, what do I do?
Everyone probably remembers the “Beast from the East” in 2018. It caused multiple event cancellations throughout the country. Sometimes things happen outside of your control, so what do you do when you’re forced to cancel your event? The first thing to think about is communicating with your attendees to tell them what’s happening. You can do this through Eventbrite and by using your social media channels. The next thing would be to cancel and refund the orders. If you’re not sure how to manage that, contact Eventbrite’s support team. They will be happy to make this as easy for you as possible.
That’s all for now! We look forward to hearing from more of our creators in the future.